Highlighted

Cinema 4D renderer crashes After Effects

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

as soon as I select any composition using the Cinema 4D renderer, After Effect completely locks up.

It was working fine last week but I rechecked with a project I completed last Friday and now it freezes in that project too. Even trying to enter the composition settings to change the renderer causes a freeze.

My GPU is an AMD Radeon HD 7800, newest driver installed.

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cinema 4D renderer crashes After Effects

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

as soon as I select any composition using the Cinema 4D renderer, After Effect completely locks up.

It was working fine last week but I rechecked with a project I completed last Friday and now it freezes in that project too. Even trying to enter the composition settings to change the renderer causes a freeze.

My GPU is an AMD Radeon HD 7800, newest driver installed.

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for your issue. I see that After Effects freezes when you work with Cinema 4D renderer.

Was it working fine in the After Effects version that you are currently using? Have you made any changes to your computer recently like installing a new program or font? You can try resetting the preferences of After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for the reply,

I haven't made any overt new additions myself though Windows does its usual upgrading.

As I said it worked fine just last Friday when I finished my last project.
I tried both of your suggested steps but sadly the problem remains.
The only difference I noticed is that sometimes the renderer crashes while leaving the program itself usable, meaning I can still apply changes but I'm unable to see any previews or graphics. I included a screenshot for reference.

Crashed renderer.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying. Please make sure that your GPU driver is updated. If that doesn't help, try the this: Go to Edit > Preferences > Display > and uncheck Hardware Accelerated Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
JAHT LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. As said my GPU is on its most recent driver. I unchecked the option for hardware acceleration but the problem remains as before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines