• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cineware process swamping CPU performance

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 40 second project with some 40 comps with some simple scale and position animation, 1 camera and 4 lights and apart from a couple of color curves, no effects all using Classic 3d renderer.  Something has gone wrong and it is now taking forever to ram render (nearly an hour and only the first 8 seconds have rendered) and when I export to make a Prores 4444+alpha render in Media encoder it quotes me 4 and a half hours. The last render I did result in a 1.6gb .mov file.

I have allocated 52gb of memory to both AE and Media Encoder. Which they are hardly touching... When I check Activity Monitor/Memory, total memory used is 35.13, App memory = 29.45, Wired Mory = 4.36gb Compressed = 1.03gb  AE is using 3.05gb Media Encoder 590mb and Cineware 593mb

However, when I check CPU usage (screenshot attached):  Cineware = 1336%  Total CPU load is oscillating form some 70% to 98% and meantime everything else on my mac has slowed to a stuttering grind.

I am working on a MacbookPro 16"  2019 2.3 Ghz 8-Core Intel Core i9 with Radeon 5500M  8gb and 64gb system memory.  MacOS 10.15.4,  AE v17.1.0 (Build 72), ME v14.2 (Build 45)

Why, if my project is entirely using Classic 3d would the cineware process need to hijack so much system resource.  And....why if I have so much available excess memory available would AE + Encoder not make efficient use of it? Any thoughts on where I should focus to troubleshoot this would be most appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshots are interesting but they tell us nothing about your workflow or what is going on in your comps. Are all the balls in the comp coming from a C4D file? Your render times and system usage may be completely normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick...thanks for giving my question some thought.  If by 'balls' you are referring to what is shown in the ME preview window - this is the first frame of the project which are 2 layers from a .psd a) the floral wall and b) the floor planks.   No C4 files or renderer.  All the project assets were either .psd layers, .mov clips produced in Motion5 or objects created directly in AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines