Highlighted

Circles with jagged edges using 3D orientation

Explorer ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some coloured circles I would like to animate the Orientation. When I make them 3D layers to do this the edges go jagged so they don't look very good. Any ideas how I can keep them smooth?

Thank you!!

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Circles with jagged edges using 3D orientation

Explorer ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some coloured circles I would like to animate the Orientation. When I make them 3D layers to do this the edges go jagged so they don't look very good. Any ideas how I can keep them smooth?

Thank you!!

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post isn't really useful, since you haven't told us anything about how the circle is actually created. Is it a shape layer? Some effect? An imported graphic? You need to be more specific. That and of course screenshots are better than describing the smell of invisible flatulence...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 1
Explorer ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attached a screen of the circles with smooth edges and another screen of the circles with jagged edges. They switch to jagged when the layer is switched to a 3d layer. The cirlces were imported from Illustrator and converted to outlines. I was aiming to experiment with the 3d orientation of the circles.

Some of the other layers which are hidden here have wiggle effect.

Thanks Mylenium, I hope that helps.

circles jagged.png

circles smooth.png

  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there is some conversion issue with the paths not getting enough intermediate points similar to AI's crappy DXF/ DWG export making a mess of things. If it's an option, you might consider rebuilding the shapes from scratch using parametric circles in AI. Otherwise subdividing the paths in AI should give better results.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 1
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mylenium. By parametric do you mean building a circle with multiple edges?

I guess I could try with AE circles as well.

Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0