• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CL Error: failed to load raytracer (Element 3D)

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using AE on this computer for eight months, with absolutely no problems at all. Nothing in my Hardware has changed over this period of time. I'm using AE CC 2019 through a subscription with Creative Cloud.

I did a job in February using Element 3d, and everything worked perfectly (I use E3D all the time).  Now, when I tried a new project, and the lights don't work at all. I went back to the February project I did, and the lights no longer work in that scene.

I can get lights into the scene, but there are absolutely no shadows. If I adjust Shadow Darkness, the entire scene lightens or darkens, but no shadows appear.

I tried poking around, trying to figure it out, and found this when I looked at the system info for Element 3d: CL Error: failed to load raytracer.

It sounds like a ray-tracing problem--but why doesn't it work now when it worked perfectly for eight months? What changed in the last month? How do I get this crazy thing working again?

I was going to load my hardware specs, but it worked perfectly for months and I haven't changed a thing.

Please Help!!!!!!

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. CC2019, 2020.

Build: Element x64 2.2.2 (2160.hotfix)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz
RAM: 65415MB

GPU Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GPU: Quadro M2200/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver: 26.21.14.4166
GPU RAM: 4096MB
GPU Code: 0

CL Error: failed to load raytracer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you find a solution. I am having the same issues here and VCP suupport couldnt help me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines