Highlighted

Clearing Cache

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I need to clear my cache in After Effects but my cache is 46GB and that is the max amount I don't know if it will clear my whole computer's cache and I have only had After effects for 5 days so please help me I would like to know if my whole computer's cache gets cleared

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clearing Cache

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I need to clear my cache in After Effects but my cache is 46GB and that is the max amount I don't know if it will clear my whole computer's cache and I have only had After effects for 5 days so please help me I would like to know if my whole computer's cache gets cleared

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You set the disk cache location and size in the Preferences/Media and Disk Cache section. You set the Memory allocation, which should be in blocks of 4 GB using the Preferences/Memory section. A quick way to get to the Preferences is to press Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + ;

Purging memory and disk cache will only clear the disk cache reserved for After Effects. 

If you are new I strongly suggest you spend some time with using the Learn workspace in AE and with the User Guide. It is nearly impossible to learn AE by poking around in the UI and watching a few YouTube tutorial that have been prepared by enthusiasts that don't really know what they are doing or how to teach.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick

I can't really edit anything or play anything in my after-effects because of the disk cache I have reset my memory cache but that did nothing and I am wondering if clearing the 46gb of the cache will delete my whole computer's cache

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dankkb44 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update I removed my disk cache in after effects but it won't play the animation I made please helpErrorErrorPurge filesPurge files

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines