Highlighted

Clone stamp/paint don`t preview in layer window

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems using Clone stamp/Paint tool, they doesn´t previe well in the layer windows.
The thing is: I select clone tool, double click in the selected footage (layer windows appears), Ctrl+Click to select sourse to clone, click and paint. While Im painting, I can preview what Im doing, can see the stroke and everything, but at the moment I realease click, the preview is gone and the layer shows intact, but in comp windows I can see the result, as soon I click again to paint another stroke, the layer starts to show every stroke I done before until I relase, and again the layer shows intact.
you can imagin that its tooo dificult to draw/clone without see anything what you have done before.

I look all over internet and nothing, I test it in various PCs with the last two versions of AE and its the same, various GPUs, intel, amds and the problem is the same...
Is some configurration what Im missing? somthing change in the 2017/2018/2019 versions??
Thanks for your time

problem.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clone stamp/paint don`t preview in layer window

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems using Clone stamp/Paint tool, they doesn´t previe well in the layer windows.
The thing is: I select clone tool, double click in the selected footage (layer windows appears), Ctrl+Click to select sourse to clone, click and paint. While Im painting, I can preview what Im doing, can see the stroke and everything, but at the moment I realease click, the preview is gone and the layer shows intact, but in comp windows I can see the result, as soon I click again to paint another stroke, the layer starts to show every stroke I done before until I relase, and again the layer shows intact.
you can imagin that its tooo dificult to draw/clone without see anything what you have done before.

I look all over internet and nothing, I test it in various PCs with the last two versions of AE and its the same, various GPUs, intel, amds and the problem is the same...
Is some configurration what Im missing? somthing change in the 2017/2018/2019 versions??
Thanks for your time

problem.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Paint Panel. Probably you have selected Write On Option under the Duration Category. And another thing, for referencing the clone tool you must use Alt+Click not Ctrl+click.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paint panel.jpg

My duration is set on "constant" and the problem is on Paint tool too, not only while cloning.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2019 0
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you upload a complete screen capture of your layer and comp panels?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you have a gif problem2.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2019 0
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing append...and the problems is in various pcs with different preferences...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does I know this is old..but the issue keeps bother me!

please some help 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to see any effects that are applied to a layer in the Layer Panel you have to enable the Render option.

Screenshot_2020-04-26 20.09.03_1tNGdL.png

With render turned off in the Layer Panel the Paint effect only shows up in the Composition Panel. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is...you cant see it in the gif but its enable...I cheked that many times..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
Sedio309 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still getting the problem...AE2019 and AE2020...same problem...different workstations and hardware configurations.
Someone have an idea??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0