Highlighted

Color Change - Photoshop to After Effects

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here. I'm desperate and I'm trying here as last resort. I work on very complex photoshop files (movie posters) they usually have a lot of adjustment layers of course that give them a certain look. I'm supposed to minimally animate those posters for cinema screens, however when I open those files in AE (as comp) the colors are all off, the layers are all there and they do affect the look generally but not in the initially desired way. So I end up having to merge those adjustment layers with each element of the poster in PS and then importing to AE which takes A LOT of time and is very complicated because of masks applied to the layers and such. I read about this issue and most solutions talked about making sure color profiles between PS and AE match which they do in my case, however the difference is huge in color still. Can anyone please help? This is a recurring task in my job and I don't always have the required time to merge effects with each character and element in the poster to retain colors. 
PS: I attached 2 screenshots of how the same file looks in both softwares. I appareciate any help offered.

Thanks,

Hiba

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color Change - Photoshop to After Effects

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here. I'm desperate and I'm trying here as last resort. I work on very complex photoshop files (movie posters) they usually have a lot of adjustment layers of course that give them a certain look. I'm supposed to minimally animate those posters for cinema screens, however when I open those files in AE (as comp) the colors are all off, the layers are all there and they do affect the look generally but not in the initially desired way. So I end up having to merge those adjustment layers with each element of the poster in PS and then importing to AE which takes A LOT of time and is very complicated because of masks applied to the layers and such. I read about this issue and most solutions talked about making sure color profiles between PS and AE match which they do in my case, however the difference is huge in color still. Can anyone please help? This is a recurring task in my job and I don't always have the required time to merge effects with each character and element in the poster to retain colors. 
PS: I attached 2 screenshots of how the same file looks in both softwares. I appareciate any help offered.

Thanks,

Hiba

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 23, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see any color management being used in PS and naturally, that would have to be the first thing to fix, as clearly your monitor uses some sort of custom profile. Of course things are off then because CM works differently in AE vs. PS even when technically no CM is even used. I'm afraid this is much more a PS issue to begin with, i.e. your colors are kind of wrong in PS because you're not using the correct output target. In any case, this is of course just speculation since you have not provided any info, but the clues strongly point towards that being the issue.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0