Highlighted

Color Picker has changed

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my after effects, the Color picker has changed, and I have no idea how to restore it to normal. I have attached a photo to compare what I mean.

On the left you will notice my picker ( from Photoshop) is normal with all the dark coloros for a hex code 002855.

On the right, my color picker in After effects CC 2017, the color picker is very light in nature. Same Hex Code. I have no idea how it defaulted to that or how to change it back. 

Any help is appreciated!

Color Issues.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by OussK | Adobe Community Professional

It look like you work on 32 bit project so try to use 16 or 8 bit , you can do that from file/project settings

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 9.33.34 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color Picker has changed

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my after effects, the Color picker has changed, and I have no idea how to restore it to normal. I have attached a photo to compare what I mean.

On the left you will notice my picker ( from Photoshop) is normal with all the dark coloros for a hex code 002855.

On the right, my color picker in After effects CC 2017, the color picker is very light in nature. Same Hex Code. I have no idea how it defaulted to that or how to change it back. 

Any help is appreciated!

Color Issues.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by OussK | Adobe Community Professional

It look like you work on 32 bit project so try to use 16 or 8 bit , you can do that from file/project settings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apples and oranges. No point in comparing AE's color picker to PS when AE doesn't even support some features. The rest comes down to that simple - well actually complicated - thing called color management. You have to read up on how PS basically always uses CM vs. AE not using any CM unless you switch it on and then all that good stuff about monitor profiles and so on. The short answer is that PS is aware of your screen profile and color settings, whereas AE is not, hence PS will spit out what it things is a corrected color whereas AE is giving you a palin unmanaged sRGB value. No easy answers here, but educating yourself really makes this a non-mystery. Start by doing the basic steps: Un-mistweak your monitor, reset color profiles at the system level, check the relevant CM settings in both programs and revert to factory defaults etc..

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've changed my color depth to 8 and 16 and it is not alleviating the weird color picker described above.  I can't figure out how to take it back to normal.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0