Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colored lens flare

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 🙂

I wanted to make a stroke animation around a logo with a green coloured lens flare at the front. The problem is that as soon as I add curves to the adjustment layer where I put the lens flare effect the whole video gets colour graded, not just the layer.

I tried using a solid instead of an adjustment layer, but this doesn't fix the problem.

is there a way to colour the lens flare without colouring the "background"?

I hope you can help me 🙂

Using an adjustment layer

using an adjustment layer.png

Using a solid

using a solid and add mode.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Adjustment layers modify everything below them. Lens Flare applied to a black solid with the Add mode + Change To Color would be the way to go. You would not want to use Curves.  

A Black Solid + Lens Flare, moved the flare center. Added Change Color, sampled the most saturated part of the lens flare, changed the Matching Softness to 100% and modified the hue, then set the blend mode to Add. Took about a minute.

Screenshot_2020-10-21 09.29.26_Qg5nUz.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you designated the layer to be an adjustment layer and within that logic it works as it should. It's the wrong methodology, though. Rather than using an adjustment layer you might simply set your flare layer to a different blending mode like screen or add - as is common practice for this sort of thing.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjustment layers modify everything below them. Lens Flare applied to a black solid with the Add mode + Change To Color would be the way to go. You would not want to use Curves.  

A Black Solid + Lens Flare, moved the flare center. Added Change Color, sampled the most saturated part of the lens flare, changed the Matching Softness to 100% and modified the hue, then set the blend mode to Add. Took about a minute.

Screenshot_2020-10-21 09.29.26_Qg5nUz.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines