• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour references in After Effects

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few comps where single colours are applied to various masks via the stroke and fill effects. These sometime cross multiple shape layers.

When changing these colours I have to go in to the stroke and fill layer for each shape layer and change both - very laborious.

Is it possible to reference another colour value somewhere in each of these effects, so I only change each colour once, or maybe instance the stroke and fill effects accross shapes, so I'd only have to do it twice for each colour?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always rig it up with simply pickwhip expressions across comps using the color expression control.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant, thank you!

For reference, here's the tutorial I used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvARwyuWesc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines