Highlighted

Comp Viewer stuck showing "New Composition" with new and projects loaded in MAC OS

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I load a project into AE 2020, the project assets and timeline loads, but the comp viewer shows "New Composition" and "New Composition from Footage," however both are unselectable - it's almost like a reminent image of them. 

There's no getting past it, or opening any files and seeing them in the comp viewer. 

Here's what I've tried:

Uninstalling/Reinstalling AE 2020

Resetting/removing the AE prefs

I'm running Mac OS 10.15.4 on a MacPro 2019 / 2.5 GHz 28-Core Intel Xeon W, 192 GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Preview, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Comp Viewer stuck showing "New Composition" with new and projects loaded in MAC OS

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I load a project into AE 2020, the project assets and timeline loads, but the comp viewer shows "New Composition" and "New Composition from Footage," however both are unselectable - it's almost like a reminent image of them. 

There's no getting past it, or opening any files and seeing them in the comp viewer. 

Here's what I've tried:

Uninstalling/Reinstalling AE 2020

Resetting/removing the AE prefs

I'm running Mac OS 10.15.4 on a MacPro 2019 / 2.5 GHz 28-Core Intel Xeon W, 192 GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB

Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Preview, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry for your issue.

Is it happening with a new project as well? What is the exact version of After Effects that you are using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

In the meantime, try to do the following: Go to After Effects Preferences > Display > Uncheck Hardware Accelerated Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels and see if that brings any change.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0