• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Completely lost....sticking a png to ground

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all my apologies for not going into detail of my configuation and such. 

Basics: 2K movieclip shot on iPhone XS. 60fps. AE CC2020.

I try to stick a png with transparancy ( a stain)  to the ground in a scene. The scene itself is correctly trackable : camera, motion, incl Mocha. 

Workflow:

1. track scene: I tried ALL: onboard tracker and Mocha. Camera and motion tracking. Point, "corner pin, transform..all of it.
2. create null and/or tracksolids.

3. attach the (static) png, 3D enabled, to null or copy solid position parameters to png.

4. result ALWAYS the same: the png "drifts"...no matter what I do and try....it NEVER stays at the spot i want it to stick. It seems like i cant parent to the tracked layers. ( null or solid). No error is given.

Bottomline: i cant, in any way i know,  make it stick to the ground as intended. I tried all the known techniques, used a PSD, re-imported many times. started all over....always the same result and I dont know why.

Any insight is appreciated.... I am about to delete the stain all together but its not what I prefer.
Thank you kindly,

Marcel.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't know. You have not offered up exact specs for the footage, comp settings, tracker settings and whatnot along with screenshots. No point in describing invisible elephants. If it still drifts despite a valid solve chances are there's something wacky with teh footage itself. There could be some weird framerate mismatch, strong optical warping that may need fixing and so on. in any case, give us something to look at and exact info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your explanation is not at all clear but I think the problem is that you are just parenting a 3D layer to a null that is attached to the tracking null. You are not understanding that the null or tracked solids do not move. They are not animated. Only the camera is moving. If you want to attach your stain image to the null the easiest thing to do is to hold down the Shift key and parent the layer to the null. This will snap the 3D layer to the same position, scale, and orientation as the null. If your null is properly attached to the surface the drift will be gone.

I don't know what corner pin tracking in Mocha AE as to do with Camera Tracking. They have nothing to do with each other. Corner Pin tracking can be an efficient way to attach a stain to a surface but there is no camera involved. It is all a 2D process.

By the way, I never use Nulls when I camera track because you can't run a preview and see if they are actually attached to a surface. My typical camera tracking shot involves setting an origin and ground plane, then adding the camera and a solid that I name Origin, then attaching as many other solids as I need to make sure that I have all the surfaces identified. I make sure that the solids are all properly oriented and that they track perfectly. I usually apply the grid effect to some or even all of the surfaces because it is easier to see if the perspective and the orientation is correct. All of the track solids are turned into guide layers so they won't render and I then start attaching the other 3D assets, the text layers, my OBJ files in Cinema 4D or Element 3D, any other objects, using Shift + parent. Only when I know for sure that I don't need the reference guide layer track solids are they removed. For most projects, I always leave the original Origin solid guide layer in the project along with a marker that indicates the frame in the timeline where the origin was set. This gives me the option of creating exporting a C4D file of the entire scene with the center of the C4D scene in at comp center. Here's a typical 3D tracked scene before adding the other elements to the scene that I used in answering a similar question about tracking problems a few months ago.

Screenshot_2019-12-18 17.51.41_mU9d1B.png

The thread the image comes from is almost an in-depth tutorial. You might benefit from taking a look at Problem to apply project mapping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines