• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition area not recognising all the Work area

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason ( I don't know what I did), even if all my imported objects into the composition fit perfectly in the space the points that appear when you select an object only select 1/4 of the item. It seems that the composition is only recognizing that part. When I activate gridlines, guidelines, or similars it only affects the same portion of the composition rendering that part only. I have tried to work on a new project from scratch but I faced the same problem.  You can see part of my working space below in the image. What would you recommend?

Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 19.10.22.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Import and export , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have hardware acceleration issues that cause miscalculations on layer bounding boxes and display errors. Check your graphics driver and the relevant settings in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your cropped screenshot isn't very useful. The only thing it tells us is that the comp is about 3800 X 2200, about a minute long, and the Comp panel is set to Fast Draft, and resolution is set to 1/4. We know nothing at all about the layer that is selected but we can guess that it either has a mask, or is about 1920 X 1080, or has been scaled and moved into the top left corner of the comp. It also has the Grid effect applied because the lines are way too thick and the wrong color to be coming from the grid or guides options in the View menu. The thin cyan lines tell us that your mouse pointer is at about 4300, 2150 and you are probably not dragging a horizontal or vertical guide because the pointer locater disappears when you start dragging a horizontal or vertical guide out in the comp panel and only the perpendicular cursor indicator remains. 

When you are having problems with a layer, select the layer and press the "u" key twice to show us what you have done to the layer, if there is footage on the layer, make sure the footage is selected in the Project Panel so we can see what kind of footage you are dealing with, and give us some workflow details. Here's almost the identical screenshot and there is nothing wrong with my system.

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 4.47.20 AM.png

The only real difference I see is that you have not centered your comp in the comp panel by pressing Ctrl/Cmnd + /.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines