Highlighted

Composition from 4 images

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings community!  Another remedial question that probably has a simple answer, but again, I am not able to find anwer.  Possibly because my idea here is ill-conceived.  I have four images from which I would like to create a composition.  When played back, the image is blank except for a blink where i see the animation moving way to fast...I am attaching composition settings scrnshot and also my workspace.  I cannot tell if i have sequenced layers with the keyframe assistant  (greyed out), or if this would solve my problem.  This is just a project i came up with to help me learn, so anything that will help me adavance is much appreciated!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*
TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Composition from 4 images

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings community!  Another remedial question that probably has a simple answer, but again, I am not able to find anwer.  Possibly because my idea here is ill-conceived.  I have four images from which I would like to create a composition.  When played back, the image is blank except for a blink where i see the animation moving way to fast...I am attaching composition settings scrnshot and also my workspace.  I cannot tell if i have sequenced layers with the keyframe assistant  (greyed out), or if this would solve my problem.  This is just a project i came up with to help me learn, so anything that will help me adavance is much appreciated!

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 24, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's an issue with image downloads on the forum so I can't view your PNGs (JPEGs oddly enough work), but my guess would have to be that you either mixed up frames vs. actual seconds in the comp settings or inadvertently enabled the "Sequence" option in the import dialog, so your images only last one frame. Check that stuff.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding, Mylenium.  I figured out how to quickly convert pngs to jpegs.  I think the mistake I was making is using too few images.  So my next experiment has 76 images, so i should have more luck.   Would you be able to tell me if hitting "sequence option" is the same as sequencing layers with keyframe assistant?  My ultimate goal here is to learn how to use this tool.  Thanks again. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the sequence option on import is not the same as the sequence option in the keyframe assistant.   The one in the keyframe assistant sequences layers (whatever the layers are) based on the # of frames you designate in the ui.  The import option sequences images giving each one frame.  The images need to be named properly though (in numerical sequence), for example image0001.jpg, image0002.jpg, image0003.jpg. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the toolbar to upload your screenshots. Make sure we see them on the forum. 

I am almost sure that your keyframes are just a few frames apart, that the timeline is zoomed in so you just see a few frames, and your layers are way too short. Nobody will know unless they see a screenshot. The drag and drop option to attach files does not make them easy to see and PNG's seem to be broken so use the Tool Bar

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response!  Now I know how to upload scrnshots as jpg, and the experiments continue.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0