Highlighted

Composition window shows nothing in AE 2020 (17.1.3)

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to AE 2020 (17.1.3) and whenever I create a new composition, the composition window just shows a blank screen. Opening up projects doesn't show anything either, the composition window just remains grey. 

tomcreatesthings_0-1599823480898.png

I've tried purging the cache, reinstalling, updating graphics card drivers, everything is up to date. AE 2020 was working fine before this update. Any ideas?

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Composition window shows nothing in AE 2020 (17.1.3)

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to AE 2020 (17.1.3) and whenever I create a new composition, the composition window just shows a blank screen. Opening up projects doesn't show anything either, the composition window just remains grey. 

tomcreatesthings_0-1599823480898.png

I've tried purging the cache, reinstalling, updating graphics card drivers, everything is up to date. AE 2020 was working fine before this update. Any ideas?

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the public beta version work better for you?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded it, had the same issue initially but it was almost like the composition window had a delay on it and then became unresponsive. 

What's strange is, I dragged the sidebar across the comp window which left these trails...

fromthedeskoftom_0-1599840421417.png

... and then it suddenly seemed to be fine, it's now working as usual. Restarted the Beta and everything works fine!

Thanks for the help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Szalam LATEST
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's working for you! If you do roto work at all, the new Roto Brush 2.0 in the beta is soooo much better too, by the way. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the preferences settings ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines