• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition won't load, just a black screen

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I use After Effects CC 2019 and am on a MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015). I'm not well versed in the language of After Effects, but just a few days ago I attempted to import a small file. I edit for fun, nothing really big or extensive, but whenever I import the file, the composition is just black and has trouble loading. It gets to the point where I have to force quit as it slows everything down. 

I've restarted my laptop, redownloaded AE, and neither worked.

Here is a picture. When I press play it just gives me that rainbow spin thing. Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.03.41 PM.png

I'm not sure if this is a space issue on my computer (I am very low on space) or if there is an easy way to fix it, but any help would be appreciated! 

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume some causes.

1. Codec

Can you play it by QuickTime player or VLC media play?

2. Memory buffer

Do you have enough physical memory and cache disk?

3. Project setting

The project size is 1280 x 720. Is the resolution of the movie also 1280 x 720?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. What I usually do is compile clips in iMovie and then save it to my desktop. I can play it off my desktop with QuickTime player.

2. According to my Storage, I have used 30.43 GB of my 120.11 GB. For cache disk, I don't have my cache disk enabled on After Effects. I think my problem is lack of storage as I often get a notification that I'm running out of space. A few days ago I deleted some files and things I no longer need and was able to use AE, but when I went to render the same black screen happened and nothing would load.

3. Yes, both the project and the movie are 1280 x 720.

I'm not really sure what else to do other than get rid of useless files on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cjk66372670,

Thanks for reaching out.

Along with what ToolfarmJP has mentioned, the following information would be helpful:

1. What's the exact version of After Effects you're using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...
  2. What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?
  3. Does it happen with all the projects?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines