Highlighted

Composition won't render

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First of all, my native language is not English so please be gentle. Second I'm not that good with after effects (average / little bit more than average person which is interested in these kind of things)

So basically what is happening is that I can't render my komposition In full detail. It works perfectly fine in 1/4 of the quality but I need to render it in full quality.

It just says that it rendered for 1 sec. and that it is rendering the first frame, but the time that it has rendered doesn't go up.

It is basically stuck at the first frame.

(i've let it run for ca. 16 h and nothing is happening)

(render settings in the screenshots, as you might see ^^)

Render settings.PNG

Render settings 2.PNG

I've tried rendering it as png-/jpeg-sequence but it also doesn't work.

The preview doesn't work either in full quality, but it works fine in every other quality. ( by "doesn't work" I mean that the blue bar on the right of the preview just loads and loads but nothing happens (i've let it run for ca. 8-12 h).

After Effects has 12 Gb RAM currently available and the other applications 4 gb. I've tried it with 8 gb for both too but it doesn't make a difference.

My disk cache is ca. 400 gb big and on an external hdd and my media cache is on the same hdd as the disk cache but in different folders.

I already cleared everything with the purge option.

My project files are located on my internal ssd and I am trying to render the project to another external hdd. On both of them is enough space available.

I also tried to render it in Adobe Media Encoder and Premiere Pro but it doesn't work with both of them.

Another Composition in the same dimensions and with a 3d animation playing, renders perfectly fine.

Reinstalling After Effects doesn't work too.

After Effects version : 16.0.0 (Build 235)

If you need any other information I will be happy to try to provide it.

Project overview:

Overview.PNG

Best regards,

chibibaka

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Composition won't render

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First of all, my native language is not English so please be gentle. Second I'm not that good with after effects (average / little bit more than average person which is interested in these kind of things)

So basically what is happening is that I can't render my komposition In full detail. It works perfectly fine in 1/4 of the quality but I need to render it in full quality.

It just says that it rendered for 1 sec. and that it is rendering the first frame, but the time that it has rendered doesn't go up.

It is basically stuck at the first frame.

(i've let it run for ca. 16 h and nothing is happening)

(render settings in the screenshots, as you might see ^^)

Render settings.PNG

Render settings 2.PNG

I've tried rendering it as png-/jpeg-sequence but it also doesn't work.

The preview doesn't work either in full quality, but it works fine in every other quality. ( by "doesn't work" I mean that the blue bar on the right of the preview just loads and loads but nothing happens (i've let it run for ca. 8-12 h).

After Effects has 12 Gb RAM currently available and the other applications 4 gb. I've tried it with 8 gb for both too but it doesn't make a difference.

My disk cache is ca. 400 gb big and on an external hdd and my media cache is on the same hdd as the disk cache but in different folders.

I already cleared everything with the purge option.

My project files are located on my internal ssd and I am trying to render the project to another external hdd. On both of them is enough space available.

I also tried to render it in Adobe Media Encoder and Premiere Pro but it doesn't work with both of them.

Another Composition in the same dimensions and with a 3d animation playing, renders perfectly fine.

Reinstalling After Effects doesn't work too.

After Effects version : 16.0.0 (Build 235)

If you need any other information I will be happy to try to provide it.

Project overview:

Overview.PNG

Best regards,

chibibaka

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first potential problem I see is the nonstandard composition size. Unless you are an expert in video formats and compression technologies you should not be creating custom frame sizes.

The second potential problem is that your comp is thirty minutes long. Is this just one shot that runs for 30 minutes in the final edit you should seriously consider breaking all comps into single shots and edit them together later in an NLE. My average AE comp is under seven seconds because almost all of the films I work on have a cut every few seconds.

The third potential problem I see is that you are using custom render settings. Try using the default presets.

We have no idea what is going on in your comp, what effects are applied, or what you are trying to accomplish. At least show us the effects applied to the 9 through 15 by selecting them and pressing the e key. Layer 8 is set as an adjustment layer and it has FX but I think it might have started out as a null. What is going on there?

The first step in diagnosing a rendering problem when you are using the default output module preset and you are sure the source footage is compatible is to make sure all layers are selected, press the U key twice, then look for modified properties and effects. Start turning off effects and run 10 or 20 frame test renders. For a project that takes more than a minute to render per frame, it is a really good idea to use the image sequence preset. That way any successfully rendered frames do not have to be rendered again, you just have to adjust the range and continue.

I hope these suggestions help. Maybe you can give us some more information.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry for the long time I took to reply.

Yes, it is one continuous shot. It is a live background for a big screen.

The camera is rotating around the earth one full circle so it can get looped and played again.

I created a new Adjustment layer and applied the same effects to it again.

Effects.PNG

But I might think that the actual issue has something to do with the vc orb plugin, because I have found someone (on the video copilot forum) who has exactly the same problem like me. And I am now trying to contact him and ask him how he solved the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to solve the problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Iskras LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same insue here...same plugin... looks like the plugin the problem...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines