• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compress Gif to under 40KB

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I need to compress my gif file to under 40KB.

It is a simple animation created in after effects.

The requirements need to be 15 seconds long, gif format and under 40kb.

I don't seem to be able to get it lower then 13MB!

I have tried everything to the point it is loosing all quality.

Help?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

If there are any static sections in your animation you can trim them to one frame then set the duration of that frame in Photoshop. I have not produced Gifs for a long time but I used to do ad banners all the time that had 10 frame transitions (plenty for a gif) between slides. The slides were static for 6 to 10 seconds so a looping banner with 6 slides could be made using only 66 frames and it could easily take more than a minute to playback. My AE comp would be only 66 frames long, the uncompr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ moved from Creative Suites to After Effects]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15 seconds is a really long duration for a 40KB Gif. how are you optimizing your GIF? what resolution? does it have a point where it freezes? (you could save frames this way)

read this: https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/10-ways-to-optimize-an-animated-gif-file--psd-34649

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If there are any static sections in your animation you can trim them to one frame then set the duration of that frame in Photoshop. I have not produced Gifs for a long time but I used to do ad banners all the time that had 10 frame transitions (plenty for a gif) between slides. The slides were static for 6 to 10 seconds so a looping banner with 6 slides could be made using only 66 frames and it could easily take more than a minute to playback. My AE comp would be only 66 frames long, the uncompressed movie would be loaded into Photoshop and the duration of the 6 static frames set, then the file saved for the web. There is no reason at all to have a single duplicate frame in an animated gif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines