Highlighted

Connecting audio wave form to a shape animation

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been able to animate a wave form to an audio file, and I've made an animation using shapes.

I want to have the path of the animated wave form to follow the paths of the shapes in the animation- Essentially the waveform changing it's path with each shape change. How do I achieve this? I want to do it so that I don't have to splice the audio up but at this point I'm not seeing many other choices.

TOPICS
Audio, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Connecting audio wave form to a shape animation

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been able to animate a wave form to an audio file, and I've made an animation using shapes.

I want to have the path of the animated wave form to follow the paths of the shapes in the animation- Essentially the waveform changing it's path with each shape change. How do I achieve this? I want to do it so that I don't have to splice the audio up but at this point I'm not seeing many other choices.

TOPICS
Audio, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a screenshot showing me how you are setting up your comp and what you are doing to generate the waveform. If you want Audio Amplitude to follow a path then the path needs to be on the layer with the effect. You might be able to add Audio Amplitude to a solid layer, add a placeholder mask path, then tie the placeholder path to a shape layer path with an expression. You could throw in if statements that looked at time or opacity values for the shape layer paths. 

For example:

p1 = thisComp.layer("Shape Layer 1").content("Shape 2").content("Path 1").path;
p2 = thisComp.layer("Shape Layer 1").content("Shape 1").content("Path 1").path;
if (time < 1)
	p1
else
	p2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0