Highlighted

Constant after effects crashes when previewing

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! This is my first post so please ignore any formatting errors. 

I'm currently working on a new mac pro 16inch (2.3 GHz 8 core intel core i9 CPU, 16gb memory and 

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB). And it has worked great with after effects so far, although in the last couple of weeks it has crashed every time I try and work on a project, no matter how large. I get this error just after the crash... Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 14.21.46.png
I've tried googling the crash report but nothing seems to come up... can anyone help me? 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Constant after effects crashes when previewing

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! This is my first post so please ignore any formatting errors. 

I'm currently working on a new mac pro 16inch (2.3 GHz 8 core intel core i9 CPU, 16gb memory and 

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB). And it has worked great with after effects so far, although in the last couple of weeks it has crashed every time I try and work on a project, no matter how large. I get this error just after the crash... Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 14.21.46.png
I've tried googling the crash report but nothing seems to come up... can anyone help me? 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Community and sorry for your issue.

Is there anything specific that triggers the crash? Also, do you get any error message or crash reports? If so, please share with us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He there, nothing specific really, it's actually been doing it a lot less since I reset my preferences. I think if I was to say one thing, it might be that adding motion blur to text animation triggered it but i have no idea. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that resetting the preferences helped. Would you mind testing it on a new project and see if it still crashes with motion blur?

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0