Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content-Aware Fill - Reference Frame Error 39 :: 44

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm trying to remove a tower from a drone shot of a model house. I used the regular content-aware fill to remove the tower from the scene for a majority of the clip, but for trickier areas I need to use the 'create reference frame' option. Everytime I click the icon to create the frame, I get this "Can't Import as a Sequence" error. I can't seem to locate a solution in the program or on the web. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's likely just the program's uncharming and confusing way of telling you that your footage may not be suitable for the operation. The footage may have issues like rolling shutter, the telecom antenna bending in odd ways based on lens curvature due to being so close to the edge of the frame, the antenna's pixels randomly degenerating/ disappearing due to being so far away,  potential noise issues due to the trees and their leaves along with the board pattern of the house vs. the almost monotone surface of the clouds and it's all exacerbated by the fact that this is a model shot where e.g. the fisheye lens effect would be even stronger. See? Madness ensues. There simply are limits to what those automated functions can do and in particular the AI-boosted fills cannot work on anything that isn't logical/ plausible within their algorithms. All that hubub aside, there's enough hope here: Given that the clouds are so monoclithic and almost a solid fill, it would be easy enough to just mask out the mobile communication mast conventionally and fill the hole with a suitably masked duplicate of the sky. Just a little feather and nobody will know...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reponse. Unfortunately, that is NOT the issue.

The other editor I work with here in the office can use the 'Create Reference Frame' on the same file of said footage with the tower and with the same sized mask box and have no issues whatsoever. His computer and After Effects will boot up Photoshop fine without having said issue.

Additional Note: I cannot use his computer to fix it. And he, himself, is too busy with his other edits to do my work in addition to his work load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then the usual applies: Check and flush your caches, turn off hardware acceleration, verify your Internet connection. Chances are it's operating on outdated data or cannot connect to the server to send over the analysis data.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue! I tried clearing the cache and turning off GPU acceleration but that didn't help. What worked for me was the go into the Content Aware panel, hit the hamburger menu, select Content Aware Fill settings, and uncheck 'Create Photoshop Reference Frame'. Once I did that, After Effects was able to create a reference frame for me within After Effects itself. I then opened that frame in Photoshop, edited it, and then when I went back to AE it all worked again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, this error message is not presented when attempting to import the media/sequence after work has been done to it but immediately after clicking the "Create Reference Frame" button.  So not really something to do with the quality of the media.  Unchecking the "Create Photoshop Referecen Frame" property int he CA Fill settings does remove the error, but then clicking the Create Reference Frame button does nothing.  I don't see a frame created in the project directly.  So maybe the issue is related to Photoshops inability to open the particular type of media (versus the characteristics of the content)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines