• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Aware Fill takes too long to analyze

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else finding this update rather crashy and slow?  The Content Aware fills take forever,

unlike the demo I watched this morning.  That must have been a beast of a Mac!

https://www.facebook.com/adobecreativecloud/photos/gm.350523665554144/2668159286534297/?type=3&theat...

I have a decent iMac wit with 32GB RAM, and it brings it to its' knees.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C-Hip,

Sorry about this. What kind of footage is it? If you have 4K footage, like you have with a drone, it takes a good deal longer than HD footage. I demo with assets that are even smaller so that my analysis goes much faster. I would recommend transcoding any oversized footage to a reasonable size before attempting the effect. I hope that helps.

If you are, indeed, crashing, and have a report to share, please PM me a link to that report.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chip,

Hi my name is Sky Kennedy, and I am using the content aware fill effect for the first time jin AE. I do not have a choice that to leave the footage at 4k because what we are doing with it. Unfortunately, it looks like I will have to do some heavy Rotoscope work here as that really is my only other option.

Is Adobe addressing this issue. Your post was from April. Has anything additional been developed to address the amazingly slow working times for this effect?

Thanks,

Sky Kennedy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're using it with 4K footage and granted - It is slow. But it does work.

I'm getting a lot of coffee breaks in with this new feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same problem here. My footage is full HD, 14 mins long. I have a decent PC, in which I use Adobe Premiere for editing wo any problem. Content-aware filling running right now for the last 6 hours, and it analysed only 9%. It would take ages for me to clear out 4 unnecessary objects from the still background. Is it normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14 minutes is an eternity in AE. Do you need every one of the frames in your 14-minute shot?

The proper use of any compositing and visual effects app is to only process the footage that is going to be in the final edit. More than 90% of my comps are under 7 seconds, some are only a few frames. Content ware fill was never intended to work on a 14-minute shot. We need a lot more detail to help you with your project including screenshots or a link to the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rick,

🙂 all right; I am quite new in AE, and your answer is very helpful for me. Knowing this; I can find a way around. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm simply removing a light switch from a wall on a 37-second clip but it's 4K footage. I created two different reference frames in Photoshop using content-aware fill. In After Effects, the reference function took about 15 minutes. The rendering stage is now about 1 frame every minute, meaning it will take 1120 minutes to render this 37-second clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are simply removing a light switch from a wall then creating a PSD from a frame, fixing the light switch in the frame, masking it, then adding it to the original shot is going to take about 1/10 the time it will take to use CAF. If the camera is moving you will have to do some motion tracking but the process is really easy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Oh, I punted on Content-Aware Fill. It was just an experiment that failed. I went with the tried and true method of masking it out, duplicating and repositioning the under-layer and voila. It took five minutes.

Stan Arthur
Manager of Video Production
STETSON UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF LAW
Office of Media Services
Studio: 727.562.7830
Mobile: 727.430.4674

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines