• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continously rasterize a source layer in plugin

Explorer ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, is it possible for a plugin to continuosly rasterize a source layer?

For example if the source is a shape layer or precomp of shape layers and the plugin transform it (similar to the transform effect) can the source be continuously rasterized to keep everything pixel perfect?

Also is it possible for plugins to access shape layer paths?  I posted a question before but nobody could offer any help.

Big thankss in advance, and stay safe!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on what you are trying to do to the layer. Most effects do not change the look of a vector layer, but some do because they turn the layer into pixels. Apply Fractal Noise to a text layer and scale it up to 1000% and the edges are still great. Precompose a text layer, enable CR in the main comp, add Fractal Noise to the pre-composed text layer, scale it up and then turn CR on and Off. You will see a big difference in the look. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can of course implement your own rasterization engine. Otherwise I'm not aware that AE actually passes through any native vector data. Even retrieving a mask requires its own bits of code and isn't handled automatically.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indeed there's no API-ish way of getting "collapsed" like layer source.

you can, however, force the layer collapse switch on...

i know that's not what you're looking for, but hey, some solutions are hacky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys, sorry if my SDK questions often seem vague or bizarre.  I'm a freelance motion graphics animator by day and by night learning to program tools to help improve my workflow.  I love after effects and expressions are great but when I develop complex character rigs they kill performance, so I'm constantly looking for work arounds.  It would be great if expressions had an option to compile them, similar to compiling a plugin.  Thanks again for your thoughts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines