Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert Vertex Tool adds a shortcut

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like to ask a question
About how to add a shortcut to the Convert Vertex Tool in Ae?
Thank you!QQ截图20200109104758.pngQQ截图20200109110955.png

TOPICS
Expressions , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Select the pen tool (g) then hold down the Alt/Option key or the Ctrl/Cmnd key and you can not only access all of the Pen Tool options, but you will have the ability to draw selections around vertices, select points or handles on any visible path in the comp panel, and do just about anything you want to with the path. It makes life a lot easier. Here's my basic tutorial on creating, editing, and animating vector paths and it works with any path, even motion paths that you can see in the Comp or

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tapping G repeatedly should cycle through all the tools in the menu.  Same is true for all the multi tool menus.  Although I see in your screenshot that only the pen a feathering tool are showing the hotkey.  Does tapping G only cycle through those two tools for you?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when I use the G key, I only switch between pen and feather
Cannot switch to Convert Vertex Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the pen tool (g) then hold down the Alt/Option key or the Ctrl/Cmnd key and you can not only access all of the Pen Tool options, but you will have the ability to draw selections around vertices, select points or handles on any visible path in the comp panel, and do just about anything you want to with the path. It makes life a lot easier. Here's my basic tutorial on creating, editing, and animating vector paths and it works with any path, even motion paths that you can see in the Comp or Layer panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it! !! !!
Thank you so much for your help, I understand.(^∇^*)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see that working. Holding ALT lets me wiggle the vertex. But when I hold CTRL to drag the vertex... the cursor turns into a "negative pen" (remove vertix). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to have that vertex selected

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I understand a similar function!(^â–½^*)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick, I'm a bit lost for answers, so I used to have my Covert Vertex tool work as normal before but recently it lost its little handles. I can sort of control the angle of the curve by moving the curser up and down but its doing it in a symmetrial way on both sides which isn't ideal for rotoscoping.

Any idea how can i get them back? I tried pressing Alt+Option and Ctrl +Cmnd but they haven't come back.

Thank you in advance for all your knowledge!

Veronika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grab (click on) one of the tangent handles and the press and hold ALT to break the tangent.  Then you should be able to move each handle (tangent) indenpendently of the other.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found that the Alt/Ctrl functions for controlling vertexes have stopped working since the newest update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the Preferences/3D options. It's all in the New Features announcements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines