• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

COVID-19 Renewal of Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Creative Cloud plan is up for renewal next month, and I guess there is no help for those of us affected by a lack of work in the professional Motion Graphics/Compositing world from Adobe. I would be willing to stretch my finances and keep my CC license active at the current rate--in the hopes of getting some freelance jobs--if the price was not raised from $29.99/mo to $54.99/mo. I know it does not seem like much, but every dollar counts when NO money is coming in.

I simply cannot put my family in financial jeaporday doing so, and I have cancelled my CC account. I wish Adobe would help out here, freelancers are so beat up as it is in a GOOD work climate, and now we are super screwed with no film/tv jobs in production. 

Maybe it is time to completely bail out on After Effects and embrace Nuke and Fusion. Most film/TV shops have switched over anyway. I do not like working in EITHER one, but that is where the work is.

Dissapointing, after a 20-year career with After Effects.

TOPICS
FAQ , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cancel your subscription and renew it, as soon as the jobs are comming in. In the meantime, you might share an account with another freelancer. The cloud can be installed on 2 devices and used at the same time.

Adobe made team projects available for everybody - they helping, but offering the cloud for free during this time would be the greater help. You are right about that.

There is no need to bail out AE completely, but if you have the time now, take a close look at Resolve/Fusion. It's for free and not much if you need the payed version. It is always good to know more than one tool.

I wish you the best!

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines