Highlighted

CPU integrated graphics.. do I need it?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, hope everyone is safe and well.

I recently pre-ordered the intel 10900kF in a bid to speed up my machine - that aside I know that the KF does not have integrated graphics, whereas the 10900K does. 

Now I have pre-ordered the CPU, it hasn't been shipped yet from my supplier, but now I'm thinking - do I NEED the integrated graphics?

I have a 2080 GPU and know that new features will use that to help me render faster, however I'm not sure if after effects/media encoder will need the CPU integrated graphics to take advantage of that (I'm actually struggling to find an answer to this online).

If it's believed that I do need the CPU integrated graphics, I'll have to contact my supplier to switch my processor for the K as opposed to the KF.

Thanks guys!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, Performance, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CPU integrated graphics.. do I need it?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, hope everyone is safe and well.

I recently pre-ordered the intel 10900kF in a bid to speed up my machine - that aside I know that the KF does not have integrated graphics, whereas the 10900K does. 

Now I have pre-ordered the CPU, it hasn't been shipped yet from my supplier, but now I'm thinking - do I NEED the integrated graphics?

I have a 2080 GPU and know that new features will use that to help me render faster, however I'm not sure if after effects/media encoder will need the CPU integrated graphics to take advantage of that (I'm actually struggling to find an answer to this online).

If it's believed that I do need the CPU integrated graphics, I'll have to contact my supplier to switch my processor for the K as opposed to the KF.

Thanks guys!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, Performance, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helloI don't think you need the CPU Integrated Graphics.Because you already have a 2080 GPU.The Nvidia GPU is much more powerful than the CPU Integrated Graphics.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Thanks for getting back to me. 

This wasn't a case of "which is better" - I just wasn't aware if I needed integrated graphics to take advantage of the new feature where you could enable hardware encoding - my current processor doesn't support this (as a 5th gen CPU) - this made me think that even though I'm upgrading to a 10th gen, it may need that integrated graphics to enable that feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course not. Hardware encoding can be enabled using only Nvidia's GPU. My computer is still using a 4th gen CPUBecause I have an Nvidia GPU.So I can enable hardware encoding.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not so sure about that buddy.

The hardware requirements for the feature I'm looking for require a Minimum 6th Gen CPU - are we talking about the same thing here?

This was the feature I was referring to. Do I need integrated graphics for this precise option?

Thanks for your time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0