Highlighted

Crash occurred while invoking plug-in "AE-XD Integration".

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I get the following error each time I try to save, or AE tries to auto-save my project.

It happens after I have imported stuff from Adobe XD using the Import -> After Effects function in XD and then saves the AE file.

After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in "AE-XD Integration".

Is there a fix for this issue?

I'm running Xd: 14.0.42.14 and AE: 16.0.1

Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 15.07.43.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Crash occurred while invoking plug-in "AE-XD Integration".

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I get the following error each time I try to save, or AE tries to auto-save my project.

It happens after I have imported stuff from Adobe XD using the Import -> After Effects function in XD and then saves the AE file.

After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in "AE-XD Integration".

Is there a fix for this issue?

I'm running Xd: 14.0.42.14 and AE: 16.0.1

Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 15.07.43.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 24, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be a lot more specific and explain what features and functions you are actually using in your XD project. Such crashes typically indicate that you already went to far ahead and created a specific structure that heavily relies on states and script functions that AE can't simulate, anyway. Similarly, odd cyclic loops with embedded Photoshop Smart objects or simply too large a canvas can crash AE easily. in any case, a lot more info is required.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem this morning... even when simply trying to open AE from scratch (as opposed to an already created file)... then I wondered if I should just reinstall it, and when I went to Creative Cloud it had been stalled in the middle of an Update... when I refreshed the update and it finished doing its thing I no longer get the error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It's very frustrating! I think it occurs when XD assets include images. On save, AE moves these files out of temp storage and into the path of the AE project, I think this might be triggering the error. Workaround is to save the AE project as soon as the XD assets are loaded. Then it seems to be okay from then on.

MacOS 10.13.6

AE 16.0.1

XD 16.0.2.8

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2019 1
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got done dealing with this issue as well. A way I made it work was to create a new file, import all the new Xd assets/comps and save as....Then re-open the file that was giving you trouble. Go to File>Import>File and choose that newly created AE file with your Xd comps in it. You should be able to save the original file at that point and keep working.

Definitely not an ideal solution, but a decent work around for the time being. Hope it works!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2019 1
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue.

Basically if you have a clean after effects project with nothing in it, it works fine. If you have anything in the After Effects project prior to exporting from XD it will crash on save.

Work around seems to be create an AE project for your exports from XD, then import that AE project into your main AE project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2019 1