• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash occurred while invoking plug-in "AE-XD Integration".

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I get the following error each time I try to save, or AE tries to auto-save my project.

It happens after I have imported stuff from Adobe XD using the Import -> After Effects function in XD and then saves the AE file.

After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in "AE-XD Integration".

Is there a fix for this issue?

I'm running Xd: 14.0.42.14 and AE: 16.0.1

Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 15.07.43.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be a lot more specific and explain what features and functions you are actually using in your XD project. Such crashes typically indicate that you already went to far ahead and created a specific structure that heavily relies on states and script functions that AE can't simulate, anyway. Similarly, odd cyclic loops with embedded Photoshop Smart objects or simply too large a canvas can crash AE easily. in any case, a lot more info is required.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem this morning... even when simply trying to open AE from scratch (as opposed to an already created file)... then I wondered if I should just reinstall it, and when I went to Creative Cloud it had been stalled in the middle of an Update... when I refreshed the update and it finished doing its thing I no longer get the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It's very frustrating! I think it occurs when XD assets include images. On save, AE moves these files out of temp storage and into the path of the AE project, I think this might be triggering the error. Workaround is to save the AE project as soon as the XD assets are loaded. Then it seems to be okay from then on.

MacOS 10.13.6

AE 16.0.1

XD 16.0.2.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got done dealing with this issue as well. A way I made it work was to create a new file, import all the new Xd assets/comps and save as....Then re-open the file that was giving you trouble. Go to File>Import>File and choose that newly created AE file with your Xd comps in it. You should be able to save the original file at that point and keep working.

Definitely not an ideal solution, but a decent work around for the time being. Hope it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue.

Basically if you have a clean after effects project with nothing in it, it works fine. If you have anything in the After Effects project prior to exporting from XD it will crash on save.

Work around seems to be create an AE project for your exports from XD, then import that AE project into your main AE project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashing every time. I have lost 4-5 hours of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Would you mind updating to After Effects (16.1) and let us know if you still face this problem?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i just did,

and adobe xd's "export to after effect" option is disabled....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to AE 16.1 and XD 18.0.12.9 and I can confirm that it's now not working at all.

'Export to After Effects' is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE 16.1
XD  17.0.12.11

Used XD to insert a vector logo shape into an AE project

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 11.40.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and it did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 18.4.1

I've faced the same issue. I've created a simple dummy XD a file without any effects, just text and some shapes and background layer and it is working fine. After Effect is not able to handle heavy XD effects stuff. It is a complete waste of time.

Adobe need to upgrade after effect so that it handle XD effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I can see from our bug database that the issue should not occur with the following versions of After Effects and Adobe XD:
After Effects: 16.1.2

Adobe XD: 19.0.21 or higher

Let us know if it still doesn't work on these versions.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, i trying this issue, need help to fix and solved this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I had this problem too, Check This Issues
1- There is large file in your XD project (4k Picture and some thinfg like this)
2- There is missing font
3- There is Arabic font

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've faced the same issue. I've created a simple dummy XD a file without any effects, just text and some shapes and background layer and it is working fine. After Effect is not able to handle heavy XD effects stuff. It is a complete waste of time.

Adobe need to upgrade after effect so that it handle XD effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[FIXED]
Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Public and delete AEXD folder in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This stopped the error occuring, but did the after effects project still doesnt open. After effects opens, but there is only an empty project.

Jurij33277038jsqk_0-1700854622007.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For MAC remove or delete "AEXD.plugin"
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore ---- 'AEXD.plugin"
Now After Effects Opning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines