Highlighted

crashes in the middle of rendering, at the same time

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my after effects has been crashing for a while, i haven't used it in a few weeks too. i recently just got clips from my recent stream and when i try to render it, at a specific point it hits, it lags or glitches out then crashes. i've had to have the autosave on for every 5 minutes so it doesn't crash. anyone is welcome to help me out !!  

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

crashes in the middle of rendering, at the same time

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my after effects has been crashing for a while, i haven't used it in a few weeks too. i recently just got clips from my recent stream and when i try to render it, at a specific point it hits, it lags or glitches out then crashes. i've had to have the autosave on for every 5 minutes so it doesn't crash. anyone is welcome to help me out !!  

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You not offered any useful info. We therefore really can't tell you anything, but the obvious assessment would have to be that at the point of failure either

• your footage is damaged
  • a specific, possibly hardware-accelerated effect kicks in and crahses things or
  • you run out of memory or video memory, in the latter case due to a leaky graphics driver, again related to hardware acceleration

Take your pick! For anything beyond that you have to offer up soem "real" information liek actual system info, details about the project and so on.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move your CTI (current time indicator) to the point in the timeline where you get the crash, select all layers, press 'uu' to reveal all modified properties on all layers, then look for any effect you can turn off or reset and try the render again. If you can't figure it out post screenshots showing us what you found and give us a complete workflow description. 

If there are no effects the problem is probably caused by a corrupted source file. That usually comes from a screen capture or mobile device footage that is a compressed MP4. If that is the case, transcode the footage to a frame-based video format, not an MP4 or h.264 video, using the Adobe Media Encoder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0