Highlighted

Create animated logo with existing png file + video

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I would like to create an animated logo with video playing in the background. I tried to import and create several times. I just import the png file as a png and the video as a composition. I already did some Adobe 'learn tutorials' and I kind of try to do the same thing. But I can't seem to get the video in the background, with the logo in front of it. When I look for tutorials, all I see are Illustrator files when people use existing logo's. But I only have a png file, there is no Illustrator file of this logo. I did not make it either, so no tracing back. 

Could it be that an image has to be an Illustrator file in order to edit it? 

I hope I am clear enough for you to answer my question!

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Create animated logo with existing png file + video

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I would like to create an animated logo with video playing in the background. I tried to import and create several times. I just import the png file as a png and the video as a composition. I already did some Adobe 'learn tutorials' and I kind of try to do the same thing. But I can't seem to get the video in the background, with the logo in front of it. When I look for tutorials, all I see are Illustrator files when people use existing logo's. But I only have a png file, there is no Illustrator file of this logo. I did not make it either, so no tracing back. 

Could it be that an image has to be an Illustrator file in order to edit it? 

I hope I am clear enough for you to answer my question!

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is per se nothing against a PNG file, but of course if it doesn't have proper transparency to let your BG show through, you will have to create some, which in such a case would be done most easily in Photoshop by opening the file, creating selections/ layer masks and re-saving with the transparency included.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start here: User Guide

A couple of the tutorial videos show you exactly how to add a logo to a video. Download the files and make sure you get it.

Your PNG logo must have transparency or a way to generate a procedural matte. Once you have transparency, the next step is to stack up the layers. If your PNG file has a white or black background it is pretty easy to use the Extract effect to create transparency.

More details and some embedded screenshots will help us help you. Make sure you use the Toolbar to embed the images and make sure that you show the modified properties of the layers that are giving you problems by selecting the layer and pressing the U key twice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 1