• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Effect Defaults / Presets?

Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create presets for Effects in AE? For example, when I apply Gaussian Blur to a layer, it initially has a "Blurrines" value of 0. Is there some way I could change it so that it always has a value of 10 when I apply it to a layer? I'm just wanting to control the default variable values for each effect so that way I don't have to waste time adjusting parameters that I commonly change.

I can always do this with scripting, but that doesn't really seem like the best way to do it. I would essentially be creating my own Effects panel that runs the script when I choose a given effect. That will work, but it's not ideal. I'm hoping After Effects has a native way to do this. Please let me know.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Scripting , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apply the effect, change the settings you want, make sure the effect is selected, Animation > Save Animation Preset...

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines