Highlighted

creating a path issue

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So I've got a pretty annoying problem. I want to create a path on the same layer as another path and I can't because the anchor points of the new path have to be in some of the same positions as the other path.

The alternative would be to make the path on a new layer, but I want it to be in the same layer and copying it into the other layer will mess up the coordinates. When I lock the layer, I can't make any shapes within it so that is also not an option. 

Anyone got any idea how to make a path on top of another path without selecting the other path?

a video showing the situation below

https://youtu.be/bu0GoBr3zeE

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

creating a path issue

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So I've got a pretty annoying problem. I want to create a path on the same layer as another path and I can't because the anchor points of the new path have to be in some of the same positions as the other path.

The alternative would be to make the path on a new layer, but I want it to be in the same layer and copying it into the other layer will mess up the coordinates. When I lock the layer, I can't make any shapes within it so that is also not an option. 

Anyone got any idea how to make a path on top of another path without selecting the other path?

a video showing the situation below

https://youtu.be/bu0GoBr3zeE

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 25, 2020 0

Have something to add?