• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating an arrow flow

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please kindly let me know whether I could create the ARROW FLOW in After Effects..

It is more or less like what is shown in the clip..  (between 0.23 - 0.26 min and 0.55 - 1.00 min)

https://youtu.be/YnBsShJ58mc

I really appreciate all the helps!!

Thank you very much indeed..

Sincerely,

Tony Tantisuwanna

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tony,

Some of the movement I'm seeing in those arrows would probably be better done in a dedicated 3d program (which is likely how the rest of this illustration was built anyway), but if you're ok with toning down a little bit of the 3d twists and turns, you could absolutely do this in After Effects.

I recently released a free arrow preset that could get you started: https://gumroad.com/l/LNSVU
You'd be able to edit the path the arrow takes and move it along that path to meet your needs. If you're in need of the flaring tail the arrows in your example have, check out some of the new Taper options within the Stroke settings for the shape layer.

Since this is built on a shape layer, you'd also be able to apply extrusion using the Cinema4D 3d renderer.

Let me know if you need additional guidance on any of that! I usually try to start with breadcrumbs so people can discover and explore the tools themselves, but let me know if you get stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines