• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating masks on outline layer

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP NEEDED!! I'm trying to do a logo animation. I'm revealing the letters individually via mask (or at least want to). I created a vector in Illustrator and imported to AE. I've converted all vector layers to shapes so that it will create outlines. I need a open path along the shape as a mask to reveal the letter underneath. When I try creating a mask bu using the pen tool directly on the layer it just adds to the groups of the outline and doesnt make a mask. When I go to Layer > New mask, I get a mask that is either a rectangle or an eclipse. I can't use them because it needs to be open so I can animate the start and end time. I know this is possible because I've seen people in turtorials creating masks on shape outlines. If anyone know why this isnt working for me please let me know! Much appreciated folks. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From your toolbars click on tools create masks

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 8.24.26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines