• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Moving Stage Lights

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So. I'm really interested in designing some Stage Lighting within After Effects.

I have the Esffects Plugin "Optical Flares" through Video Copilot to help me with designing my lights.

My only issue(s) are the following:

I'm not too sure how to make an elipse path that I can connect my Centre Position to my Optical Flares Light and keep my light in 1 position at all times.

Op Flare Blue.png

The image above shows a 1920x1080p Screen where the Light is positioned at XY: 960,00 and Centre Position is set to 960,1080.

What I'm interested in doing is figuring out how I can take the Optical Flares Setting when I put it to "Track Lights" and position the Lights withing a 3D Scene for extra Depth.

When I move do Track Lights though. It fixes the Centr Positioning and I end up moving the lights out of position.

What I wanna do is be able to move the Centre Position on a Fixed path and have the Light be Position so It will look like moving light fixtures for a Concert.

Kinda simalar to this concept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfkhP4GBF5I

Any chance I'm missing something that super easy to do and as a Beginner I'm challenging myself too hard?

- PYRO
TOPICS
How to , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flares are flares, not volume lighting. Flares happen inside the lense and messing with the lens center is actually physically incorrect. that's why it may work for a single light or a handful of them with identical flare settings, but the illusion will break down once you start using 3D lights. Therefore the only sensible answer can be to invest those 50 bucks or whatever it currently costs in Trapcode Lux, which is actualyl meant to simulate light cones and works correctly with 3D right off the bat.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mylenium said.  You can activate 3D for the source and you can tie the origin and center to a null that you can animate just using the pickwhip in the Parent/Link column, but the Center is 2D so the illusion of a flare can be maintained the illusion of volumetric light is not really possible. 

Screenshot_2020-07-21 08.12.32_IxDLRA.png

Add Lux to the mix and you've really got something.

Screenshot_2020-07-21 08.53.50_kQTP02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the support regarding my question.

Thank you for the feedback.

Three other small questions related to this feedback.

Q. Where/How would I nee to go to Accquire the LUX Plugin?

Q. How much does LUX cost?

Q. As helpful as the screenshots are. Are there any video guides/tutorials for using the LUX Plugin along with my already existing Optical Flares/Saber Plugins from Video Copilot?

Once again, I appreciate the feedback and support to my original inquiry. I am looking forward to further details on my questions I've asked above.

You are all fantastic and I look forward to your replies

- PYRO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Red Giant sells Trapcode Lux for $199. There are lots of tutorials on their site. Video Copilot has tutorials on Saber. 

There are lots of ways to simulate a spotlight. Here's a project file for you to play with. 

Screenshot_2020-07-22 08.01.28_KtlSz1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines