• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative ideas/blend in

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love this shot a lot but I dont know how to edit or blend in this animation to look more real or interesting. I wanted to make some kind of multiplying effect of this character but it looks weird and out of place. I dont even know how to name this effect to search for some references. I am talking about some kind of echo effect or when character moving and leaving behind freeze framed and masked traces. Main idea was to multiply main character. May be it was a bad idea to make some kind of hologram effect. I am not that good at rotoscoping and this glitchy hologram effect helps to camouflage border chattering. Pretty much I reached a dead end with this shot I dont have any ideas on how to achieve some kind of "multipying effect". But I love this shot a lot and I really want to edit this and include in my video. If you have some ideas, references, articles, or naming for some similiar effects or may be this forum is made for some technical issues and I need some creative solutions and if you know some websites or forums where I could find some help I will be more than happy to hear it!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off: It's not really useful to share clips in professional interchange formats that can't be viewed unless the CoDec is installed. A ton of people may not be able to view this stuff if they are not on the latest versions of Adobe tools or others professional video programs. Use generic formats like H.264/ MP4 next time. That aside, you pretty much answered your own question: Not meaning to be snarky and pardon the gamer jargon, but this may indeed be one of those "Gid gud!" things. Not being able (or willing) to create a clean roto will always limit your creative options. That said, a lot of advanced self-cloning, ghosting and all the fancy stuff that comes with it like swooshy trails involves 3D rotomation, i.e. animating 3D(-ish) stuff on top of the footage by matching a stand-in mesh or at least aligning things based on 3D tracking. In your case one thing that stands out liek a sore thumb, or middle-finger (pardon the pun) is the lack of a baseline colort correction on the source footage. Of course things will look extremely iffy when some very colorful duplicates scream in your face against a drab, uncorrected background and vice versa. You need to find a middle ground and not overdo it here, including correcting stuff that may get in the way. Also consider simply using different distortion patterns on each individual clone. Unless it's part of the artistic concept, even a dummy will notice the all too identical nature of the clones. That is, given how TV distortions work and thus by extension also holographic interference presumably would work, highly unlikely. It's all about the little things.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you want to do things like this it is critical that you carefully plan the shot so that some kind of procedural matte can be created. I imported your Cineform compressed movie into AE and took a look. Trying to separate the rider from the background is going to require hand roto, probably 6 or 8 masks, and about 30 or 40 minutes work because you only need it for a few frames. I would motion stabilize the shot and use a track matte using this technique:

If you had planned the shot and had the rider pull the wheelie and flip off the camera with a simpler background creating a procedural matte to remove the background would have taken about 2 minutes. That's why you hire a visual effects supervisor, to save time in post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines