Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Errors: QuickTime not installed

New Here ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro 4GB RAM, 2.53 Ghz Core2

I've installed CS5 on my Mac Pro desktop without any issues, however my laptop is another story. When After Effects launches it complains that it cannot write the Workspaces.xml file. Repairing permissions did not resolve the issue. I used the Uninstaller with the delete preferences option checked and reinstalled but no joy. Tried this twice without success.

If I dismiss the error message After Effects complains that QuickTime is not installed, it is installed QT Pro 7x and then reports that an output module is missing. Half the time it then crashes (have submitted crash report) the other half of the time it launches and will import QuickTime but no output modules of any kind are available. The Render Que is blank with no controls to create an output module.

I've filed a tech support report but no one will answer until Monday at the earliest. I'm posting here in hope that the solution is simple.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

I think I figured out the solution this morning, at least it worked for me. I posted it in this thread as well: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2780763#2780763

It's a conflict with some Adobe Preference files.

This morning I decided to try pulling out the entire  Adobe Preferences folder, User:Preferences:Adobe and just put back  Adobe:After Effects, and After Effects CS5 booted perfectly. It boots  quickly and I don't even get the dynamiclinkmanager crash that I have  been getting.

And I it seems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Mac OS are you using ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On both machines (desktop and laptop) 10.5.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running 10.6.3 on a MacPro 2 x 2.26 GHz and I have been having the same errors.

I got past the firs tone by going into my user Library:Preferences:Adobe:After Effects and deleted the 10.0 folder and that cleared up the issue with the Workspaces.xml (even though there was not file like the one it was named in there), but I still have this QuickTime not installed issue, and it basically makes the program not work at all.

As soon as I launch After Effects, I am also getting a dynamiclinkmanager crash, but it does not stop After Effects from launching, but without the Quicktime support, I get an open program that won't read any quicktime files without giving me errors.

I have run permissions and DISKWARRIOR and have had no luck.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too: 10.6.3 Macbook Pro, "Quicktime is not installed" error.

Reinstall of Quicktime from system disk did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created and logged in as another user and the issue is gone, this isn't an acceptable solution but it does indicate there's something in my user account, preferences or settings that is the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, worked for me as well, but it is not an acceptable solution. I need it to work in my User. And this is a fairly new user as this computer is not 6 months old and I started fresh. Also don't want to uninstall all adobe software and start again, because I still need AE CS4 because I still have many non-64 bit plug ins, and I don't want to have to re-install the whole CS4 Design Premium Suite either.

- Jonah Lee Walker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured out the solution this morning, at least it worked for me. I posted it in this thread as well: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2780763#2780763

It's a conflict with some Adobe Preference files.

This morning I decided to try pulling out the entire  Adobe Preferences folder, User:Preferences:Adobe and just put back  Adobe:After Effects, and After Effects CS5 booted perfectly. It boots  quickly and I don't even get the dynamiclinkmanager crash that I have  been getting.

And I it seems to have created a new  folder in my new Adobe folder, the Adobe  QT32server:1.0:TraceDatabase.txt and the  dynamiclinkmananger:2.0:memorybalancers5.xml was created this time as  well. I then quit after effects, and put back all the other preference  files into that folder, though not replacing any of the new versions  that were created, and once again After Effect boots and works.

So  that was the issue.

- Jonah Lee Walker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your persistence Jonah, this worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Nothing seems to work. Just get 'quicktime not installed' on launch.

Never had this problem with CS4 (which now I can't get to work after installing CS5).

Has anyone had any success? (it's not a preference conflict for me)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried logging in as another user to see whether the problem persists?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, tried that and still get the 'quicktime is not installed on this system'.

I have re-installed OSX10.6 from DVD and still nothing. I have also removed perian & flip4 and re-installed quicktime 7 but still get the message.

When logged in a s a different user I din't get the 'missing output component' dialog though.

Anyone had any success with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"And I it seems to have created a new  folder in my new Adobe folder, the Adobe  QT32server:1.0:TraceDatabase.txt and the  dynamiclinkmananger:2.0:memorybalancers5.xml was created this time as  well."

Could someone possibly post a link to download copies of these files? It may solve my problem.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One cause of the "QuickTime Isn't Installed" error is a zombie version of "Adobe QT32 Server" that is still running as a result of some other crash or failure.

This can be fixed by either quitting that process in Activity Monitor or by rebooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe it or not same problem appears on Windows because:

- Adobe App is blocked in firewall.

Message appears:

- No QuickTime installed.

But if you allow it to access internet then problem is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried turning off firewall and allowing full access to internet. It makes no difference in OSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with after effects open there is no process running on my machine called 'Adobe QT32 Server'.

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no "Adobe QT32 Server" process running either. It does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you are all having this problem.

There may be an issue with 10.6.3, where the OS changes permissions to be restricted on folders in /Library/Application Support. From what I have seen, it is only when you had 10.6, 10.6.1, or 10.6.2 and then updated to 10.6.3, but as of yet I have not been able to confirm the exact conditions.

What I would suggest is the following:

1. Quit all applicatons.
  2. In the Finder, navigate to /Library/Application Support.
  3. Get Info on the Adobe folder. (Control-click and choose Get Info, or select the Adobe folder and then press CMD+'I')
  4. In the lower-right, click the padlock, and then authenticate with your administrator password.
  5. Click the list item for the "Everyone" group, and then pick Read Only. (If "Everyone" isn't listed, which it should be, then click the + button and add Everyone first.)
  6. Click the gear button and choose Apply To Enclosed Items.
  7. When it finishes (which should only take a couple seconds), close the Get Info window.
  8. Restart the system, and then try opening After Effects.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Carey, but this does not work for me.

It's read only (for everyone) already on my system in both directions. User/Library/Application Support/Adobe and HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe. Had not to make any change.

- I have Quicktime 7.6.6 installed in the Utilities Folder (Quicktime X is installed)
- I have deinstalled AE CS5 several times with the box "delete preferences" checked

- Restarted the system several times

- Repaired permissions with disk utility
- Tried the things with deleting the Adobe folder

AE CS4 runs fine.

AE CS5 has still the Quicktime error and the other one and starting it up takes like 5 minutes.

More suggestions?

Date/Time:       2010-05-06 10:03:32 +0200

OS Version:      10.6.3 (Build 10D573)

Architecture:    x86_64

Report Version:  6

Command:         After Effects

Path:            /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS5/Adobe After Effects CS5.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects

Version:         10.0 (10.0)

Parent:          launchd [121]

PID:             1310

Event:           hang

Duration:        2.85s (sampling started after 2 seconds)

Steps:           9 (100ms sampling interval)

Pageins:         0

Pageouts:        0

Process:         After Effects [1310]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS5/Adobe After Effects CS5.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects

UID:             501

Process:         AdobeCrashDaemon [1312]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS5/Adobe After Effects CS5.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeCrashReporter.framework/Versions/A/Resources/AdobeCrashDaemon.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeCrashDaemon

Process:         AirPort Base Station Agent [220]

Path:            /System/Library/CoreServices/AirPort Base Station Agent.app/Contents/MacOS/AirPort Base Station Agent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have tried changing permissions. No luck.

Is this a problem with 64bit? - should I be starting up in 64bit mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> should I be starting up in 64bit mode?

Are you referring to starting Mac OSX with the 64-bit kernel? If so, the answer is no. See this:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/03/64-bit-kernels-and-after-effec.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kinda drives me crazy. Will there be an update or anything for this? I still don't get it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd for clarifying. I still can't use After Effects with Quickime though. I also get the error:

Screen shot 2010-05-07 at 11.35.12.png

Is this something to do with 32Bit plugins?

And, please, if anyone has any success with the AE and Quicktime error please post on here

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed all my Adobe Applications and reinstalled only After Effects CS5 . Reinstalled Quicktime 7 also. It does not work !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines