• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CUDA option does not appear and neither ray tracing

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem that in after effects or the option to use ray tracing appears, I see that the CUDA option does not appear with its respective version as I have seen in many videos that it appears to other people.

Because of this I cannot make use of the 3D ray tracing processor, I have also noticed very poor performance especially in previews.

My laptop has an Intel core i 7 7700 HQ processor, 16 GB of RAM, Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1070 and uses an updated Windows 10 operating system, with after effects in version 17.1.

What solution could I have? 

How can I know if after effects is taking advantage of and making correct use of the CUDA cores of my GPU?

pantalla after effects.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raytrace 3D has been removed from AE 2020 and thus alls this CUDA gobbledigook is irrelevant. Your preview performance issues are completely unrelated, but without any info about actual contents of the project, preview settings and so on this isn't going anywhere.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it normal for important GPU usage to never be seen in Task Manager while using after effects?
I have recently taken a course in which I have done all kinds of projects, while keeping the task manager open and in none of them the program showed to use the GPU in any task, not even in exports, project settings and preferences are both enabled for hardware acceleration.
I consult this because instead in Premiere Pro if you can constantly observe GPU use and performance is much higher compared to after effects both for previews and when rendering and exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, without any specific info about your projects we can't tell you anything. It's in the nature of AE that due to its nearly unlimited ways of combining features and effects it's easy enough to effectively disable what limited GPU-acceleration it even offers. That's pretty much the point. Comparisons to editing programs with a much more limited feature set and a whole different paradigm are therefore not meaningful in any way.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines