• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cutting multiple sections from one layer of video footage and making them into one layer

Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings.  I am trying to cut out the undesirable sections of a video layer, and joing them together into one layer.  To begin, I  made a duplicate layer.  I now have a snippet from the beginning of the original layer and a snippet from the end of the duplicate layer, and I believe I am supposed to use selection tool to draw box around them and then go to layers palette and combine, but I am getting an odd icon that looks like black bars with arrows between them.  

My question is how do I complete this step? 

Also, assuming I will repeat this a number of times, is there a faster way to accomplish this in AFX?

Thank you in advance. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*
TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I figured it out, but now I have these black pauses between the cuts.  How do I make them seemless?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured that out too, using output selection at end of first layer, select following layer, and then alt + [ to seemlessly join them.  I deserve another badge!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines