Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data from JSON file can't be read by After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I copied the data from this JSON file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dariusk/corpora/master/data/animals/birds_antarctica.json to Atom on my mac and saved it as a JSON file to then import it to After Effects. It appears as an "accesible file" with the format "ImporterDataStream" and is read as DATA within After Effects but I can't access its data after importing the file to the timeline. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and because 'm just starting to get familiar with JSON files i feel even more unsure about this. I even validated the JSON and it seems to be ok.

I'm using After Effects CC 2018!

Captura de pantalla 2019-03-28 a la(s) 09.52.58.png

Thanks for any kind of help,

Fátima

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE doesn't allow to use rectangular brackets since this is referring to JS arrays, not data list entries. The file is formatted wrongly. Replace the wrong brackets with sway brackets in a simple text editor.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By changing the rectangular brackets do you mean the brackets inside the data file? Wouldn't that mess the syntaxis of the .json file? Or those brackets that appeared on the title inside After Effects? What I did was create a new and very simple .json file called test1.json from scratch and then import it to After Effects, but it's still reading that file as an "importerdatastream" type of file and won't let me access the data.

Captura de pantalla 2019-03-28 a la(s) 12.08.52.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-03-28 a la(s) 12.11.15.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-03-28 a la(s) 12.11.20.png

What else could I try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By changing the rectangular brackets do you mean the brackets inside the data file? Wouldn't that mess the syntaxis of the .json file?

Fix it in the source file. The rectangular brackets are perfectly valid for generic JSON files on the web, but AE does not interpret them in the same way. Your other issues could be language/ Unicode related, so start by checking your system's language and region settings and possibly re-install AE after that in a matching language.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a problem forever trying to figure out the error of reading the json file... but this was it! Thank you for the comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines