Highlighted

Deleting Layers?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if I sound REALLY stupid, because this seems like an extremely obvious question to ask, but HOW DO YOU DELETE LAYERS in CS4? I've looked everywhere, in AE help, on google, and nothing has showed up. I don't want to delete layer effects, I just want to know how to plain old delete a layer from compositions!?

Use your mouse to move the cursor over the layer.  Click the mouse button to select the layer.  On your keyboard press the Delete key.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Deleting Layers?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if I sound REALLY stupid, because this seems like an extremely obvious question to ask, but HOW DO YOU DELETE LAYERS in CS4? I've looked everywhere, in AE help, on google, and nothing has showed up. I don't want to delete layer effects, I just want to know how to plain old delete a layer from compositions!?

Use your mouse to move the cursor over the layer.  Click the mouse button to select the layer.  On your keyboard press the Delete key.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also a menu command in the Edit menu. Just choose Edit > Clear. The menu command has a tip to remind you of the Delete key keyboard shortcut.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys, I knew it would be simple.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 years later and Adobe STILL has not added a little button or and contextual menu command to do this. There are buttons and menu commands for literally everything else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines