• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dell G7 17 gaming laptop ok for After Effects?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to purchase a Dell G7 laptop, but I read somewhere gaming laptops may not be the best for After Effects (or other programs in Adobe CC). I wanted to check here before I made the purchase. I mostly use AE to prepare audio visualizers for my music from templates. I'm also interested in Premier to edit YouTube videos. Can anyone advise?

Edited to add specs:

Processor: 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H (12MB Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 6 cores)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6
Memory: 16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz
Hard Drive: 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive (Boot) + 1TB 5400 rpm 2.5" SATA Hard Drive (Storage)
TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks no problem. I compare it with the system requirements Adobe mentions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In gerneral, a laptop is always limited in comparision to a desktop. Hardware for mobile platforms is optimized to lowest power consumption, which goes hand in hand with lower calculation power. That's why laptops are not the best choice for AE.

But this also depends on the projects you are going to to and the expectations you have when it comes to rendering speeds and overall performance.

Specs are fine - get more RAM if possible.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this laptop and the two sepearate drives are a massive problem. Even when it says it should install to the larger Drive, i am still getting error messages that the OS is full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines