• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know how I can make an effect on the background?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm trying to make an animation scene that the character is running away from something. I want to make the background looks moving speedily as the picture so it seems to be a running away scene. I don't know how to make the scene speedily moving fast like the photos. Does anyone know how to do it? I really need help

Screenshot_20200323-183230_Naver Blog.jpg

  

20200820_212127.jpg

TOPICS
Expressions , FAQ , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's most likely a simple directional blur effect combined with of course moving the footage suitably to create the illusion.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. I know how to use all kind of blur effect in AE. But what I need is to make it move like the character is running. I know how to make it move by using position. It can make a walking scene but can't make a running scene. Can you tell me how to make it move fast if you have any idea?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried turning on motion blur for the moving background layer?

toggle on both in the image on.

MOTION BLUR.jpg

 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this with the Offset filter. Make sure the edges of the layer loop perfectly and then either loop it horizontally or vertically, depending on which direction they are running. To add a 3D effect, as if they are running towards you, make the layer 3D and adjust the perspective to give you depth.

One the footage is moving you can add either directional blur or CC force motion blur to add a blur effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, as Mylenium and Angie said, make sure you have a looping background and then move it very fast.

Depending on the style of your animation, adding parallax to a background is also a good idea. This means you don't have just one, but several depth levels of background and the closer they are, the faster they move.

This tutorial gives an example (but not with such a fast movement as you need it)

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines