• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know how to pause the video by itself?

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I am doing an animation video explaining the process stage by stage. I want the video to pause after each stage by itself. It will move to next stage by click to play. It should pause until I click play. Any suggestions how I can pause the video automatically?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Angie suggested here you could use markers, however I think that once you add markers you would need to export it like  a dvd. After Effects, as far as I'm aware, doesn't do interactivity (clicking a button to play as you suggest here). That's something that Animate can do.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Video is not interactive. Specialized video players like YouTube,  DVD's, and a few others can be programmed to respond to chapter markers and cues. Quicktime Player and the windows media player will not respond to chapter markers so the solution to your problem is not in AE or Premiere Pro, it is using an authoring program designed to playback a video. Adding chapter markers in AE will help with some applications, but they won't completely automate the process and the standard media players will not automatically pause at the markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines