Highlighted

Dragging icon from CC library into AE - icon does not retain label name

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made an icon in Illustrator and put it into my Adobe CC library, I labeled it in the libary. When I go to AE and drag it into my project, it does not retain the label I gave it and instead reverts to "Artwork 1"

Can someone tell me why the icon does not retain the label I assigned in the Adobe Library?

Thanks very much!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

Start by naming everything in Illustrator. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dragging icon from CC library into AE - icon does not retain label name

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made an icon in Illustrator and put it into my Adobe CC library, I labeled it in the libary. When I go to AE and drag it into my project, it does not retain the label I gave it and instead reverts to "Artwork 1"

Can someone tell me why the icon does not retain the label I assigned in the Adobe Library?

Thanks very much!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original file names are always preserved. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thanks for your reply, but I am not sure what you mean.  

I made an illustrator file with 10 icons.  The file name for the illustrator file is "01 icons."  I dragged each icon into the CC library separately.  I then named each icon a unique name in the CC library.  When dragged into AE, every icon's name (regardless of its name in the library) changes to "Artwork 1."  

I am participating in a tutorial.  The prof does not have this problem-when he drags his icons from the CC library to AE, the icon name is preserved from the library.  Curious where I am going wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Don5CA4 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thanks!  That worked!  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0