• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropdown menu disappears from Essential Graphics template if properties are changed

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a comp containing a number of images that I'm using in a template. I select which image is visible with a dropdown menu.

When I add more options to the dropdown menu by editing it's properties, the menu is removed from the Essential Graphics template and I have to drag it on again. This resets all of the images in the comps I've used the template in to the default image, so it's a pain to add new image options.

Is there a way to add new options to the dropdown menu without it resetting like this? This seems like a bug.

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without your system, AE version, OS, and workflow details we have no idea what may be causing the problem. Here's a screenshot from AE 2020 17.5.0, OSX using a menu to control the color of a type layer using Fill and a simple expression:

Screenshot_2020-11-06 17.30.05_Lz7heU.png

Everything works as it should. If you include a screenshot please select the problem layer, press 'uu' to reveal all modified properties as I did, and then embed your screenshot using the toolbar. I can find no reported bugs in the latest build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to jump in and say I've been having the same issue ever since dropdowns were included in MOGRTs, across 3 different Macs and various versions of AE. The issue still persists with the current release v22.0.1

It's extremely frustrating as I don't feel confident updating a dropdown list out of fear I'll forget to re-add it to Essential Graphics for the vast number of MOGRTs it's included in.

Anyone found any workarounds to update a list and keep it across all MOGRTs they're featured in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines