Highlighted

Dropdown Menu's return to original state when copy and pasting.

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on AE 17.1.3 on Windows 10

I have a Project which i have built into a controllable template with a master 'control' comp containing adjustment layers with Dropdown menu's controlling opacity PreComps, Sliders controlling text layers, and some checkboxes.

Everything runs fine and smoothly as expected

however whenever i duplicate Compositions within the Project panel (by Ctrl C + V) all the Dropdown Menu's retuen to their original state (i.e. the first index label)

This happens regardless of whether the Composition is open to view or not.

Very , VERY, frustrating

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem, Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dropdown Menu's return to original state when copy and pasting.

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on AE 17.1.3 on Windows 10

I have a Project which i have built into a controllable template with a master 'control' comp containing adjustment layers with Dropdown menu's controlling opacity PreComps, Sliders controlling text layers, and some checkboxes.

Everything runs fine and smoothly as expected

however whenever i duplicate Compositions within the Project panel (by Ctrl C + V) all the Dropdown Menu's retuen to their original state (i.e. the first index label)

This happens regardless of whether the Composition is open to view or not.

Very , VERY, frustrating

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem, Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not simply duplicate them directly using Ctrl+D? Otherwise the behavior is normal.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha yes it does appear that this is the case... 

for some reason i have always used ctrl/cmd c+v. to copy and paste...a habit of many years using mac/pc, as well as being a slower method for duplication also causes issue with the dropdown ha!

i will have to retrain my brain to use ctrl+d for foreseeable

thanks 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... however still a huge bug that needs to fixed ASAP

as if you do accidentally ctrl C + V within the project while you are working, it resets EVERYTHING

as i have just found out!

so frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0