• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dual preview in AE 2020 in macOS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues when trying to preview work in AE, when I hit the space bar the preview window seems to 'pop-out' and plays to the side of the main window. Can't seem to find a solution and its driving me nuts, any suggestions appreciated!

Latest AE installed - un-installed and re-installed!

MacOS 10.13.6 High SierraScreen Shot 2019-11-15 at 09.15.03.png

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch your hardware acceleration options. This is a fairly common issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick.

I'm new to Afetr Effects, but I'm experiencing the same issue...

Could you advise me where to find my "hardware acceleration options"? Also, what would I switch it to?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing exactly the same issue (AE 17.0.0 MacOS 10.14.6, Mac mini (Late 2012)  2,3 GHz Intel Core i7 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB.  Never happened with former AE versions on this machine (starting with CS). I have switched off Preferences/Display/Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels and restarted, same result. If this is a known issue, a detailed way to fix it would be much appreciated. AE without video preview is pretty much useless.

afx_preview_offset.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi steffen

Please post on here if you find anything! I have googled this and switched various settings, but not really getting anywhere.... If I do manage it I'll do the same, although I am close to launching my iMac out of the window!!

Regards
Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem, you already found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - Still can't get this solved, baffling!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never solved it. Deleted AE 17 and re-installed AE16.1.3. Works fine now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience. Adobe After Effects has released a patch update which provide a fix for the duplicate preview issues. For more information, please check https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shivangi,

thank you very much. The has solved the problem in my case. One detail: The patch notes say: Fixed a rendering issue where Mac hardware built before mid-2012 (…). In fact, I had experienced this error on a Late-2012 Mac Mini. 

Thanks,

Steffen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines