• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating slide animation across multiple images?

Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a cool tutorial on YouTube that shows how to make several parts of an image fly in to create the complete image: https://youtu.be/tZ-fRc1ufGw

I can follow along with the tutorial easily, but it only shows how to do it for one image. I'd like to recreate this animation for several images in one master comp. Do I have to start a new project for each image?

There are five comps involved in creating this animation. Swapping out the image of first comp populates it in all the other comps, so is it just a matter of duplicating these five comps for every image I want to apply this effect on?

Wondering if there's a more efficient way to do this. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two approaches:

1 - Use a separate project for each image animation.  Swap out the image each time and save a new project.  Then create a new master project, and import all the projects into the master project.

2 - Download and install the True Comp Duplicator script.  Then run the script and duplicate the main composition each time you need a copy.  The script duplicates and replaces all the pre-comps automatically, and organises the new comps into tidy folders.You can choose to pay whatever you like for the script, but its well worth paying them a few dollars.

https://aescripts.com/true-comp-duplicator/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a really inefficient workflow. You could get a much better result with one copy of the image and Card Dance plus a gradient layer to control the movement of the squares in about 1/10 the time and it would render a lot faster. You could even use the image its self to displace the cards. I'd give the tutorial you are trying to follow a D. It just barely passes the sniff test.

Most of the tutorials you find by searching are recipes for specific effects presented by amateurs and most are poorly explained and have inefficient workflows. This is one of those.

Take a look at this tutorial. The use of Card Dance is very well explained. You can ignore the parts that talk about using Mocha AE and matching the movement of the screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, I definitely see the efficiency here in using Card Dance, but what do you mean by using the image itself to displace the cards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the tutorial, they create a gradient layer and point to it in Card Dance. Just point to the same layer. Nothing to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines