Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Edge Feather

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

REFERENCEREFERENCE   < REFERENCEScreenshot (32).png

SOOO.. is there anything or any effect that not just feathers an edge but i can have more control on the feather and the darkness of the edge, i want to animate these eyes later so i need it to be dynamic.. what i did was just using mask expansion and edge feather

PROJECT FILE:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/164vIP-F59xc6-8ksE2sCSDO_MyATmAWh/view?usp=sharing

THE EYE ON THE LEFT IS A REFERENCE IMAGE
THE EYE ON THE RIGHT IS MY ATTEMPT TO COPY IT

ITS EVE'S EYES BTW (wall.e)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

You can use the pen tool's Feather tools to customize the edge blur. You can apply curves and adjust the alpha to change the progression of the feathered edge. you can composite multiple copies and change the blend modes. There are lots of things you can do. Curves + Blend Modes + the feather tool (g g). Check it out.

ScreenFlow.gif

Here's a project file to play with.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Thankss!!! its not really the answer that i was looking for exactly but it made me figure it out, i just removed the "Orange Solid" and i was happy about how the edge feather looks i like how you used curves i have not thought about that and 

i have figured it out its simply

Edge feather tool & Curves (Alpha) 
and both can help to have more control towards the edge feather and luminance

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, be sure to pre-comp your eye, and move all the attribute, then you can apply any effect special from distortion example Warp, Bezier Warp, check this https://we.tl/t-t5NtmcUxvJ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankss!.. i have learned about bezier warp.. i might probably use it soon.. but it also warps the lines, i think i should add the venetian blinds later so it wont get affected???? probably but it might probably distort the edge feathers too and making them unequal animating masks is fine by me thanks for the response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the pen tool's Feather tools to customize the edge blur. You can apply curves and adjust the alpha to change the progression of the feathered edge. you can composite multiple copies and change the blend modes. There are lots of things you can do. Curves + Blend Modes + the feather tool (g g). Check it out.

ScreenFlow.gif

Here's a project file to play with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankss!!! its not really the answer that i was looking for exactly but it made me figure it out, i just removed the "Orange Solid" and i was happy about how the edge feather looks i like how you used curves i have not thought about that and 

i have figured it out its simply

Edge feather tool & Curves (Alpha) 
and both can help to have more control towards the edge feather and luminance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines