• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic link from Premiere CC 2020 to After effects CC 2018?

Explorer ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I´m having some issues with the tracking motion feature in after effects CC2020 (17.0.6), analyzing times of trakers are ridiculous slow in comparation with cc 2018 version, only one frame takes 4-5 seconds in a really short shot of 5 sec, while in cc2018 it´s been solved in about 6 sec the full shot. Tried to reduce Search area to the minimun, different codecs and video formats, and no way.

So, i´m wondering if there is any way to dynamic link a Premiere CC2020 secuence to the cc2018 version of After effects? That will solve my problem, as actually i havent found any solution to speed up the procces of analyzing the shot with the tracker in AE cc2020.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry that Premiere Pro 2020 sequence can not be dynamically linked with the After Effects 2018. However, we'd love to help with the After Effects 2020 issue. Could you share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS) and details of the footage you are working with (frame rate, frame size, format/codec)? If possible please share a screen recording of the issue so that we can understand it better.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you very much for your help.

I´m in up-to-date Windows10, i7 4930k CPU @ 3,40 Ghz, 32gb ram, geforce gtx 780Ti (latest nvidia driver 445.87 standard, Studio drivers not compatible with my card), 1 ssd Samsung Evo 500gb and 2 ssd OCZ Vector 500gb (AE disk cache set in one of this, 100gb total disk cache). After effects 17.0.6.

I´m doing this tracking exactly the same as in cc2018, same Feature region and Search area. Same 720p video, .mp4 format (but no difference with .mov, jpeg, .mxf or any other container or codec). Times to track every frame are unbelievable, about 4-5 sec each frame, when the cc2018 makes the full tracking in about 4 sec. Reducing Feature region and search area doesn´t improve it substantially. There must be something wrong.  
Adobe installation made over a clean install of Windows 10 (brand new Samsung Evo SSD). Tried to uninstall every single plugin, leaving AE with no external plugin at all. Uninstalled the Wacom tablet drivers, uninstalled Davinci Resolve. Uninstalled every single program i has installed before. Reset AE preferences doesn´t work neither. Really im lost with this, don´t know what to do or what to change to make it work decently. Nothing to configure in preference settings. 
Tried older nvidia graphics drivers, but no change, motion track still a pain in the head, more than 60 times slower than in cc2018!

There is a video which shows exactly what i mean:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JRmF3AD2v9vFhkatKim-ERjuzVp3AGCG

Dynamic linking from Premiere CC2020 to a previous version of AE will partially solve my problem, but you said it´s not possible. i´ve spend a week searching in the web for any solution, but it seem to be no one with same issue. So im stuck here. I need cc2020 for my job, but my only option now is reverting to cc2019, unless you can suggest any other solution.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen any speed differences in the tracker in 2020, and no changes have been made to it in a long time. To get you going at least, you can track the clip in 2018 then update the project to 2020 just by opening it, then you can Dynamic Link that project. 

I'm interested, though, to know what would happen if you take the clip and setup that's working fine in 2018 and either track part of the clip or even the whole clip, where you know it tracks quickly, save that as a project, then open that in 2020 and run the track again (either finish the partial track or overwrite the existing keyframes, it shouldn't matter). Does 2020 track this fast? From your original post it sounds like you're importing the clip into each version of AE and trying the track, but try preserving as much of the 2018 setup that you can by saving that project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

tried your suggestion.

Made a partial tracking of the shot in AE cc2018, saved proyect, opened proyect in CC2020 (two ways tried: by Open-> proyect .ae and by Import->proyect.ae).

No changes, tracking the rest of the shot in cc2020 still too slow, for about 40 times slower than in cc2028 😞

The only thing i have done to windows 10 is applying a customization over its interface to look like Windows 7, as i dont like windows 10 interface at all. Could the problem be related to this? I remember that in CS6 there was an issue with the video playback in the Premiere Pro timeline monitor, and it was related to the Aero Desktop option switched Off. Then you switched it On, and the issue was gone. Could it be something similar with Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Out of curiosity, have you tried the track in CC 2019? CC 2018 isn't available from the Creative Cloud app anymore, so I'm unable to do a test of my own, but you do at least have the workaround of doing the entire track in 2018 then upgrading it to a 2020 project. You could also file a bug with the information and screen recording you posted below, along with the key detail that you opened the same project from 2018 in 2020. 

Here's the After Effects UserVoice site: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don´t have cc2019, i passed directly from cc2018 to cc2020, but installing it wouldn´t solve my problem, and for the job a make cc2018 is enough.

The problem with the workaround suggested is that is more time consuming. I need to send several cuts of rough material placed in order and layers from PPro sequence to make tracking, color correct, and more. So first i need to dynamic link it to AE cc2020, save the proyect with compatibility with cc 2018, open the proyect in cc 2018, make the AE work, and replace the PPro sequence i dynamic linked to cc 2020 with the final comp from AE CC 2028. Yes, it´s a workaround, but not the best way to work. Maybe i´ll start from scratch, make a new clean install of windows 10 and leave it untouched, install only after effects and media encoder and try again. Damn, this is a big pain in the head!

Anyway, thanks for your help David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines